Connecting to wireless network - PC setup
This page details the steps required to setup your computer network definitions. After completing this stage, read how to perform an initial connection to the wireless network. These instructions are for Microsoft Windows systems.
Please read instructions to setup wireless network definitions for Macintosh
Setup communication definitions
- Place the wireless communication card in your computer, if required (some computers come with a built-in wireless card already installed)
- Install the wireless card drivers from the accompanying CD to your computer, if required. (see item 1 above)
- My Network places -> Mouse right click -> Properties
- Place the mouse on the wireless connection, right click, Properties
- Choose the 'General' tag, highlight TCP/IP, click Properties
- Choose "Obtain an IP address automatically" and "Obtain DNS server address automatically" -> OK
- At the same screen, choose "Wireless Networks " and click "View Wireless Networks " to receive next screen:
- Click on "Techwifi", then "Connect"
- A screen accompanying the wireless connection progress shows:
When the process ends, the selected network will show "Connected"
My network places -> Right click -> Properties -> Place mouse on wireless connection -> right click, Properties
choose the 'wireless network' tab -> Mark 'techwifi' and click Properties.
Make sure that Network Authentication is OPEN and Data encryption is Disabled.
Click OK to close ALL open windows.
After you have defined your network properties, please read here how to make the first connection to the wireless network