Communication - Services and Activities
The various communication services provided by the Computer Center are aimed at supporting research, teaching and administrative activities at the Technion.
Local infrastructure consists of wired, optical and wireless cabling, as well as communication equipment and supporting systems, that enable use of multiple communication protocols.
Communication systems are developed, maintained and monitored by different teams at the CC.
Among others, the following central services are provided to campus users:
- Connectivity to the academic network in Israel and internationally
- Connectivity to the Internet
- Connectivity for dial in users
- Management of the Dormitories network
- Management of the Technion wireless network
- Monitoring and defense against threats from in and out of campus
- Establishing standards for communication equipment at the Technion
- Proving solutions to end users problems
- Maintenance of the backup communication network.